Toxins
by PamFord Davis

Toxins are in the medical headlines and web sites. Doctors may recommend cleansing fasts. Advertisers claim their tested devises will remove toxins from our bodies. Scare tactics give us the impression that our systems are totally filled with damaging toxins. Our only hope for restored health and vitality is found by buying their products and treatment. How did our ancestors live as long as they did? I wonder if Methuselah heard about toxins.


It seems if fasting cleanses our system of toxins it might have even greater benefits. Fasting and prayer will cleanse our hearts of the toxins of sin. David sought that cleansing, desiring a clean heart. "Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin (Psalm 51:2 NKJ)." He knew God would use a guaranteed cleansing agent. "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me and I shall be whiter than snow (Psalm 51:7 NKJ)." God could place a new heart in David. "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me (Psalm 51:10 NKJ)."


Confession of sin brings forgiveness and cleansing. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (I John 1:9 NKJ)." Could it be that like evil spirits, the toxin of sin is removed by prayer and fasting? (Matthew 17:21) Sin's toxins will be destroyed when we trust the cleansing blood of the Lamb.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print