The Sons of Glory
by mark baker

Romans 8:17 and if children, then heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. 18. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.

Creation itself is groaning, and is in labor right now. The birth pains of the revealing of the sons of God are upon us.

20. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21. because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23. And not only they, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.

The sons of God haven't truly made themselves known; we are at the beginning stages where we are beginning to manifest ourselves. The truth is, at this time we don't fully know who we are, but we will! This planet is waiting for the sons of God to rise up to the place where we have been called! We see it in bits and pieces. The Word of God declares we only know in part, but the time is coming and is coming soon for the greater revelation to take place.

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

There is something to consider while we are discussing this. Certain nations and organizations are claiming to be in an all out attempt to save our planet. Many billions are being spent and before its over if certain ones get their way even trillions will be siphoned off to supposedly correct a man made problem. Yet this is not what God has called us, His body to do. This can never be corrected until the sons of glory are revealed. We are not at this time called to save this planet, we are called to go into all the Earth and make disciples of all nations. (Matthew 28:19.)

Can you imagine how much would be accomplished if we would be obedient and just do what the Lord has commissioned us to do? If all of those billions that are being spent on the supposed salvation of our planet were spent towards the Gospel and the salvation of souls, how much would be done?

The time is coming however when the true sons will be revealed even as the Word of God says. Creation itself is groaning in anticipation of this very thing. In the mean time we have to keep our priorities straight in order to accomplish what God has preordained for us to accomplish. We as Christians must not get caught up in the idolatry of worshiping the creation instead of the Creator of all things.

Romans 1:25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Have you ever stopped to consider that men are trying to do in the natural what God has not called us to do, and can never be done. It's really arrogant for men to think that they can change the outcome of this planet. According to God's Word the Earth was never meant to be saved, so why are we wasting very precious time and money doing this and at the same time walking away from the very purpose God has called and ordained for us to accomplish in our short time here. The irony of this is that in fulfilling God's purpose we will bring the fulfillment of all of these things to pass. Wow!

The Word of God says that there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12. looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13. Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Who do you think wants us spending a great portion of our resources trying to save the Earth when the Word of God is very clear that it was never meant to be saved. Even Christians are getting caught up in this form of idolatry without really considering what God's Word has said on this. This form of idol worship is not new, it goes back to the very earliest times. We can see throughout the Word of God people worshiping the creation against God's very specific commandments.

Satan doesn't have any new tricks, he just recycles the old ones in a little different form. If you look at the true motives of this movement you will see what has recently been conceded as a way to facilitate a singular government. You can clearly see their true motives. God forgive us for getting caught up in the hysteria. Yet, all things must come to pass even as the Word of God has declared. We don't have to be ignorant however of what is really happening all around us do we?

God has a plan, and we must do things His way in order to fulfill it. This is not saying we shouldn't be good stewards while we are here, but this Earth was created by God and will last as long as God has ordained for it to last. We shouldn't be worried about it, and in the process loose our focus. Let keep our priorities right and God will take care of the rest.

God called us before He created this world. We each have a purpose and a destiny that He wants us to fulfil during our time here. As we the body of Christ, begin to find out who we are, and why we are here, we can start to walk in the revelation that has been received, and manifest the glory of God. As we come to this place, we can effectively stand fast for a lost world and demand that the enemy back down. We have been called to walk as true conquerors, the true sons of God, the sons of Glory. This should resonate through our very being. I don't know about you, but this expectation is growing stronger within me as days go by. I would like to encourage you to allow this reality to also grow stronger within you as well.

God wants to manifest Himself to a lost world. We are the ones who are called to stand in the gap and declare the truth for all to hear. From the beginning of time, God has had us in mind. He has a purpose and a destiny for all who will partake of His first born Son Jesus Christ. Even now the forces of darkness are polarizing themselves in an all out effort to try to stop this from coming to pass, but they cannot succeed, it will come to pass even as the Word of God has declared. All you have to do is watch the evening news and you can see the polarization taking place. Nations are aligning themselves against the nation of Israel and against all things Christian.

It has become popular in many sects of society to belittle anything even remotely Christian. While on the other hand, society allows and even bends over backward for other religions to gain more and more of a stronghold within their societies, all within the name of political correctness. The lines are being drawn; however this should not be a scary time for the children of God, but a time for great joy as this is the beginning of a great awakening. I believe we are living in the greatest time in the history of the world, and that we will soon be a part of ushering in the Second Coming of Christ even as the Word of God declares. It is a time for all of God's children to step up and step out into the calling of God. We as children have a place to occupy, and a mission we are called to fulfill.

Hebrews 2:10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the author of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11.For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12. saying: "I will declare Your name to My brethren; in the midst of the congregation I will sing praise to You.'' 13. And again: "I will put My trust in Him.'' And again: "Here am I and the children whom God has given Me.'' 14. Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15. and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16. For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham. 17. Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

In order for us to fulfill our mission we must come to know who we are in Christ. I believe there is an identity crisis within the body of Christ. True revelation can only come by the Word of God through the working of the Holy Spirit. If we are to step into our role we have to have our eyes opened to the full truth of the Gospel. I realize we are all at different places in our growth and maturity in Christ, but we have to have the mindset that we are going foreword in Him and not look back at the past. I have known too many Christians who are bogged down because of past mistakes, and simply can't get past that place in order to go forward. It might help those who are in this place to consider that you can be forgiven of the past but you will also held accountable for what you are doing right now. If you are still breathing then God is not finished with you yet. None of us can undo the past, yet we can make a difference by doing what we are supposed to be doing in the now. Don't let the past rob you of your future. Let's go foreword and together fulfill the destiny of the sons of God, the sons of glory. Amen

I was raised Catholic, and was born again at the age of 17. I received God's call into ministry at the age of 19 and began to prepare for ministry. I graduated from Rhema Bible Training Center in 1979.  The Lord has called me to teach.  My desire is to help all that are seeking the truth to come into a deeper understanding of what God has done for us through Christ Jesus. Olive Branch Ministries is an outgrowth of that desire.
Please feel free to visit us for more free studies and resources to help you on your journey.
Mark Baker
http://www.olivebranchministries.us

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print