Hello Stranger
by PamFord Davis

Is a stranger a person we have never met? Is a stranger someone we know very well? Sadly, people often dwell under the same roof and live as perfect strangers. They do not really know their mate or children. Surface arrangements are accepted and not questioned. Relationships can also become so strained that separation is seen as the only answer.


Sibling rivalry can even lead to a rift; and distance along with time turn them into perfect strangers. Jacob and Esau grew up under parental favoritism, with selfishness and pride as their childhood companions. The entrance into adulthood revealed they both thought only of their personal interest. Esau's resentment turned to rage and Jacob ran for his life. He wanted to put as much space between Esau and himself as possible.


Years passed and Jacob began a trip back home. His large caravan of family, servants, possessions and herds inched their way ahead. The tension and fears rose within the heart and mind of Jacob. Would Esau take revenge? He feared not only for his own safety, but also for those he loved. Plans were formed to try and buy the forgiveness of his brother. The moment of truth came. The two brothers met face to face. "But Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck and kissed him and they wept (Genesis 33:4 NKJ)." Brothers were reconciled and mercy triumphed over judgment. (James 2:13)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print