Doing All Things Through Christ
by Chad Roberts

Philippians 4:13...most Christians have it memorized. You see it on t-shirts, bumper stickers, photo albums and even refrigerator magnets. But unless you have read the full section of Philippians 4, you really can't understand what Paul means when he says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

In verses 11 & 12, Paul shares how he has learned to be content in any situation, then he goes into more detail, "I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

Have you ever noticed the "all things" Paul is talking about? He speaks of being "brought low", "any and ever circumstance", "facing hunger" and "need." This has been challenging me lately to not cheapen verse 13 with silly petty things in my life. When Paul talked about enduring as a Christian, he didn't mean wanting a vacation or needing to take a nap. He is saying that no matter what life brings to him, whatever hardship, adversity or trial, that he can be content. I would ask Paul, but how? Paul would say, "through the strength that Christ gives me." In Christ he, lived, moved, and had his being (Acts 17:28).

If life is hard for you right now, if you are about to quite and if you have lost hope in God, then look to these Scriptures because there is strength to be found! There is strength you can have. But remember it's not in you! This strength is in Christ and will be found only by looking to Him! Our strength is not in our diligence or determination...our ambition or our drive...our strength is in Christ!

Christian worker, if you are tired and you feel the weakness of your own inability then look to Christ! Hope in Christ! Rest in Christ! Joy in Christ! Look not to yourself...for you are not self-sustaining. Be found in Him!

So as I begin my week, I'm going to understand more so what Scripture means by proclaiming to me, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

Looking to Him,
Pastor Chad Roberts
www.preachingchristchurch.com

Chad Roberts is the founder and senior pastor of Preaching Christ Church in Kingsport, TN. He has traveled to nearly 40 nations with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and is a regular contributor to Common Ground Christian News. www.preachingchristchurch.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print