Jail House Rock
by PamFord Davis

Maximum security jails are built at great expense to tax payers, in an effort to hold convicted criminals behind bars. No facility can offer iron clad guarantees that prisoners will not escape. Great movies were based on escapes, and most often the dramatic captures that followed. If a person faces life in prison or execution they feel they have nothing to lose, and freedom to gain if they succeed.


Every correction facility is a home for many who swear they are innocent. Put yourself in the shoes of those who truly are. Where is the justice we expect? Feelings of resentment, bitterness, anger and hatred might easily control them. The Apostle Paul and his missionary partner Silas were thrown in jail for bringing freedom to a girl under the influence of evil spirits. Those who used her in a money making scheme took their anger out on her liberators. (Acts 16:16-24) God's faithful servants could have blamed Him for allowing such an injustice.


"But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were loosed (Acts 16:25-26 NKJ)." This could be there big chance to escape; but they remained giving them an opportunity to lead their jailer and his family to saving faith. The jailer escaped a life of sin and judgment. Remember that Paul and Silas chose praise over self pity. In response heaven's applause may have caused the land to quake and their jail house to rock.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print