Send Me The Pillow You Dream On
by PamFord Davis

Travelers expect all the comforts of home when they take a trip. The hospitality industry promises to meet all of our needs and to pamper us with tender loving care. After checking in to a motel or bed and breakfast we quickly take an inventory of our room. If anything is unacceptable we pick up the phone and call for room service. Later we snuggle in under the covers, fluff the pillows and hope for sweet dreams.


Jacob left his mother and her special care behind in search of relatives and a place of safety. "And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed (Genesis 28:10-13 KJV)." Jacob's pillows of stone may not have provided the comfort he desired; but his sweet dreams would come true.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print