More Than Just a Pew Warmer
by Bob Valleau

For years, Jennifer sat in the same pew, in the same church and heard the same old sermons over and over. She was so burned out from attending church that she was about to give up her Sunday morning ritual. However, one Sunday morning she heard her pastor say something that perked her ears:

"In the Song of Moses, God spoke to Jacob, or the house of Israel, in Deuteronomy 32:10 which says you are the apple of God's eye. And as such, that makes each one of you valuable and precious in His sight."

Like a lightening bolt that strikes unexpectedly, the words Jennifer's pastor said resonated deep within her. But, as she read the words herself, she was drawn to something else. She readily related to Jacob's situation before God told him he was the apple of His eye: "He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness."

She compared her burnout to a desert and a waste howling wilderness. Yet she saw that, even though God found Jacob like this, He did not leave him there. Instead, the verse continues by saying, "he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him..."

If you've been struggling with the Sunday ritual of attending church and going through all of its motions, may you be encouraged to know that you are special. You are more than just a pew warmer. God is faithful to energize you afresh with His Spirit who will lead you, guide you and keep you forever as "the apple of His eye."

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print