Laughter In The Rain
by PamFord Davis

"But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord (Genesis 6:8 NKJ)." God saw the wickedness of man, and set in motion a plan to destroy all mankind and animals from the earth. Noah in his faithfulness followed God's instructions: Build an ark of gopherwood, and bring representative animals into the ark. Life would be given a fresh start following a great flood. (Genesis 6:14-7:5)


It has been said that Noah's generation could not understand the idea of coming torrential rains. They received moisture only from morning dew upon the ground. If this is true, his friends, neighbors and relatives likely thought Noah's claims were impossible. Did they laugh and call him a crazy old man? God's judgment day arrived. "In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. And the rain was on the earth forty days and forty nights. On the very same day Noah and Noah's sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark-they and every beast of its kind (Genesis 7:11-14a NKJ)."


As the rain began to fall crowds of people likely began to gather around the ark. Laughter in the rain would soon turn to cries for rescue. They saw the structure with new eyes. Could Noah help them? They should have listened to his warnings sooner. Noah and his family were safe inside. "So those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the Lord shut him in (Genesis 7:16 NKJ)." Noah did not shut out others. God closed Noah and his family safely inside.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print