Go Away Little Girl
by PamFord Davis

How strong is your faith in answered prayer? Do you really believe God listens to your urgent requests? Do we pray only using religious rituals; or are we waiting excitedly for God's reply? Have you ever been surprised when a prayer request came true? Most quickly confess all things are possible with God; we are not as fast to believe all is possible for us. We are all familiar with stories of people who think serious illness, accidents, or tragedy could never happen to them. They happen to other people, right? We might be just as apt to believe dramatic answers to prayer are for others, those called to special service in ministry or gifted prayer warriors. Why not you?


The officials arrested Peter and placed him securely in prison. Herod placed four squads of soldiers over Peter, to keep him inside. "Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church (Acts 12:5 NKJ)." God heard those prayers and sent an angel to personally escort him out to safety. Even chains that bound Peter to guards at each of his sides were no problem. They fell off. After their exit from the prison an iron gate in the city opened by miraculous power. Peter, a man of firm convictions believed the whole experience must be a dream. His darkness became light and he knew God sent the angel to deliver him. (Acts 12:4-11)


Peter went straight to his prayer support team. "And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a girl named Rhoda came to answer. When she recognized Peter's voice, because of her gladness she did not open the gate, but ran in and announced that Peter stood before the gate. But they said to her, You are beside yourself (Acts 12:13-15a NKJ)!" Go away little girl! Don't disturb us now; we are praying. They gathered together to pray for his safe release and could not believe he stood outside, in answer to those prayers. "Now Peter continued knocking; and when they opened the door and saw him, they were astonished (Acts 12:16 NKJ)." Don't leave the Lord outside knocking at your hearts door. Accept His answers to prayer.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print