If You Leave Me Now
by PamFord Davis

Facing the approaching death of some one we love is never easy. We do not want to let them go. If they are a follower of Jesus we know a much better life awaits them. Pain will be no more; and God will wipe all tears from their eyes. Our denial is not in fear of their future, but in sadness of our separation from them. They have been such an important part of our life, that we do not know how we can face the reality of our tomorrows without them.


Elisha served along side his mentor Elijah. Together they saw the power of God demonstrated in many ways. Elisha sensed God would be calling his prophet home very soon. He would not leave his side, keenly knowing the departure could come when they were apart. (2 Kings 2:2-6) The two personal agents of God stood at the Jordan River. "And so it was, when they had crossed over, that Elijah said to Elisha, Ask! What may I do for you, before I am taken away from you? Elisha said, Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me. So he said, You have asked a hard thing. Nevertheless, if you see me when I am taken from you, it shall be so for you; but if not it shall not be so (2 Kings 2:9-10 NKJ)." Suddenly Elisha saw a chariot of fire carry Elijah to heaven. (Verse11-12) Ministry would now fall upon the shoulders of Elisha.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print