Reach Out I'll Be There
by PamFord Davis

Are you going down for the third time? Three strikes and your out is nothing compared to three times and you are going under. A drowning victim scans the shore hoping to gain the attention of a rescuer. Will some one throw out the life preserver? The life of the swimmer is in peril; and time is running out.


Peter stepped out of the boat shared by his companions. With eyes of love and steps of faith he began to walk on the water toward his Lord. Logically and instinctively he knew man is not able to walk upon the waves. Faith as umpire over ruled common sense. His eyes clearly viewed Jesus standing firm atop the water. In excitement he asked to join him. "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water (Matthew 14:28b NKJ)." His faith soon faltered because he took his eyes off of Jesus, and turned his attention to the raging waves. In desperation he called for help. "Lord, save me (Matthew 14:30b NKJ)!" He needed no second attempt to get Jesus attention. "And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, O you of little faith, why did you doubt (Matthew 14:31 NKJ)?" If you are sinking fast, Jesus' rescue will pull you through. Reach out to His loving hand.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print