The Next Animal For Extinction
by Rebecca O'Connor

Grownups are becoming scarce in this nation. As the last grownup dies there will only be those playing house, playing heroes of courage, and pretending to be moms and dads.

What will this world be like without any more grownups to secure the ways in which the young should learn to walk? What is a world when moms put down their dolls to play more interesting games and dads play in other fields and forget to come home. What do all the little dolls do when they have been left with no one to teach them?

What generation became so careless as to not train their young into growing up? Whichever it was, started by letting the children dictate what they would or would not do.

Children running the households is a house without grownups. Moms and dads become the dolls on which children practice. The word "NO" is used by the children to mean: unequivocally and absolutely will not ever! "NO" coming from a parent means: "Oh, all right just be quiet, for Pete's sake!"

Have you ever noticed that parents and even teachers confuse a child by giving a command with an option to obey clause. Example: "Clean your room right now...okay?" Ending with a question signifies that there is a possible choice. "Okay?" should not be included in an imperative sentence. Children seem to understand the difference, for when they make a command they do not care if it is "okay" or not! We need to say what we mean and mean what we say.

How do we preserve what are the last of the grownups? We can start first by loving our children enough to "raise" them. Even a monkey, by instinct, knows how to raise her off spring, which proves that we did not evolve from monkeys.

To raise a child to become a grownup, we must first take ownership of the children we conceive and began to teach them responsibility, consequences to their actions, consistency in discipline as well as love. Parents need to take the house back. "Come on soldier, take that hill! If you don't, you know they will!"

Eccl 10:16-17
"Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child , and thy princes eat in the morning!
Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!"

Be one of the nobles who raise a child to understand their season, and grandparents who take to their knees praying in intercession. AMEN

My name is Rebecca O'Connor. I have been a teacher in elementary education for years, written a few books, and hug my grandkids every chance I get!  God has blessed me so much that I love sharing pieces from those blessings in my writing.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print