Wild Thing
by PamFord Davis

What happens when a man's life is in bondage to evil? He loses control and in extreme cases he becomes much like a savage beast. In the Garden of Eden God gave man dominion over every living thing that moves on the earth. (Genesis 1:28) When man rebels again his Creator, relationship is broken. He acts more like wild animals than in control of them. He raves and rants and is not easily restrained.


The scriptures give us a glimpse into the life of such a pitiful man. "And when they stepped out on the land, there met Him a certain man from the city who had demons for a long time. And he wore no clothes, nor did he live in a house but in the tombs. When he saw Jesus, he cried out, fell down before Him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me! For He had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For it had often seized him, and he was kept under guard, bound with chains and shackles; and he broke the bonds and was driven by the demon into the wilderness (Luke 8:27-29 NKJ)."


Wild demons or men are no match for the Master. Jesus cast out the demons and restored dignity to the man. (Luke 8:30-33) Word of Jesus' activity soon spread and people came to Jesus. "and found the man from whom the demons had departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right mind. And they were afraid (Luke 8:35b NKJ)." If life seems to be pushing you out in the wilderness, rush to the feet of Jesus. Clear thinking will return and freedom is given.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print