A Taste Of Honey
by PamFord Davis

God sent His Holy Spirit at specific times to rest upon certain people in the Old Testament. The blessings of infilling eternally did not come until Jesus ascended to the Father and sent His Spirit at Pentecost. God is holy and seeks cleansed holy vessels as His messengers. Before favored women conceived in their womb they at times received parenting instructions. It is almost like reading the manual for proper maintenance of a new motor vehicle. Owners are urged to carefully follow all recommendations.


Manoah and his wife learned they were to become parents of a very special son. Strict Jews observed dietary rules avoiding the eating of anything considered unclean. Samson seemed to take God's calling lightly. Samson went down to Timnah. "Now to his surprise, a young lion came roaring against him. And the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him, and he tore the lion apart as one would have torn apart a young goat, though he had nothing in his hand. But he did not tell his father or his mother what he had done (Judges 14:5b-6 NKJ)." Later he returned to the scene. "And behold a swarm of bees and honey were in the carcass of the lion. He took some of it in his hands and went along, eating. When he came to his father and mother, he gave some to them, and they also ate. But he did not tell them that he had taken the honey out of the carcass of the lion (Judges 14:8b-9 NKJ)." He not only became defiled by touching the dead animal; he led to the defilement of his parents. He sacrificed his consecration for a sweet snack.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print