The Twelfth of Never
by PamFord Davis

It is said that one of man's most powerful fears is the fear of rejection. It may be the basic reason God found Adam and Eve hiding in the shrubbery in the Garden of Eden. They were keenly aware of their guilt, and were afraid God would reject them. As children we demonstrated that fear in many ways as we tried desperately to please our parents, teachers and peers.


Pagans in the times of the early church worked in vain to appease their gods. As new followers of Christ believers could be easily swayed and seek security outside of their faith. The writer of Hebrews offered words of both correction and comfort. "Keep your lives free from the love of money. And be satisfied with what you have. God has said, I will never leave you; I will never forget you. So we can feel sure and say, I will not be afraid because the Lord is my helper. People can't do anything to me (Hebrews 13:5-6 NCV)." Never is a strong word and we are warned to "never say never." God means what He says. He will not reject His children.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print