Looming Catastrophe
by Felix Amiri

Many people, particularly the younger folk, live as if they are invincible. Then catastrophe strikes and it is realized that no one is immune. No one can adequately protect him or herself. Yet many strut around as if they are invincible.
For more than two thousand years, the plea has been made. Even now, the warning is being sounded. There is a greater catastrophe looming. It is worse than anything that we have seen. It is worse than death and suffering as we commonly know these. Even the sharpest of minds and wit cannot fully articulate the extent of the present and pending devastation. I wonder if you know about this.
Countless people, driven by true love for humanity, have sacrificed their very lives as they have made their plea about this looming catastrophe. They are largely ignored or ridiculed. The strength of the love shown by these individuals in sounding the warning is often mistaken. Those who propagate a deceptive sense of love for humanity often protest that such pleading about impending doom is cruel. If you are one of these protesters, consider this: What is more cruel? Would you rather be left thinking that everything is rosy until catastrophe strikes? You may think that you have seen or heard about it all: economic collapse, H1N1, SARS, Avian Flu, Aids, tsunamis, earthquake in Haiti, etc . . .
Proponents of the true message of salvation that goes beyond offering respite from earthly troubles are often perceived as gloom-bears or fools. Let's face it. Their message is about salvation from a gloomy reality. This does not make it a gloomy message. To that person who truly listens, it is a message full of grace and truth.
In fact, this catastrophe spoken of is both a present and future reality. It is everywhere yet illusive to many because of the spiritual blindness that human effort cannot cure. The looming catastrophe is undeniable yet denied by many due to the carnal foolishness that is buoyed and propagated by human pride.
What is this great calamity that has and will overtake our world? Without the intervention of the only one who has the power to counter it, no person does, can or will escape the devastating result. It starts with the denial of God's existence. This denial is done overtly by some. Others deny the existence of God willfully or inadvertently through disobedience. Sin takes root and the world is at its mercy. Well, you cannot say you have not been warned. In the face of all that is happening and will happen in our world, the best advice than can be given to everyone is this: Run to God. Run to Jesus Christ. He is the only ONE who has the power to counter the catastrophe. He is the only ONE who counters the devastation of sin.
To read more from this writer, visit the Nuggets of Truth website at:
http://www.afisservices.ca

Copyright  2006 by  Felix Amiri.
Felix Amiri holds a certificate in Bible studies from London Baptist Bible College (now Heritage Bible College and Seminary, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada). For additional information, go to http://www.afisservices.ca

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print