TO ALL THE HOLY BRETHREN 1st THESSALONIANS
by Jean Lopez

Be bold to speak the gospel of God, not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts, that we would walk worthy of God Who hath called us unto His Kingdom and Glory.
For the gospel which we received is the truth of God which worketh in us to enable us to abound in love one toward another, and toward all men: That in the end Jesus may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before God our Father. For this is the will of God.
We should abstain from fornication and conduct our vessel in sanctification and honour, not in lust to the weakness of physical desire as tempted by the tempter, satan. For God has not called us unto uncleanness but unto holiness.
Let none of us defraud our brother (any child of God) in any matter, nor despise any man, for it is not man which we despise but God, Who has given us His Holy Spirit and we are all taught of God to love one another and we are also warned of God that the Lord is the avenger of all, for He did not appoint us to wrath.
And let us study to be quiet and to do our own business and to work with our own hands that we may walk honestly toward them that are without and that we may have lack of nothing. We ought to walk to please God so that we abound more and more for this is the Will of God.
We are all the children of the light and the children of the day, therefore let us not sleep as others do, but let us watch and be sober in spirit, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation, which God appointed us to obtain by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us that we should live together with Him.
And let us beseech each other to know them which labour among us and are over us in the Lord and admonish us and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake and be at peace among ourselves.
And let us warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men, and see that none render evil for evil to any man, but ever follow that which is good, both among ourselves and to all men. Let us rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and in everything let us give thanks, for this is the Will of God, in Christ Jesus, concerning us. Quench not the Spirit, despise not prophesying: prove all things; hold fast that which is good, abstain from all appearance of evil, and the very God of peace will sanctify us wholly. Let us pray to God that our whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, for faithful is He that calleth us.

Copyright info: bjlopez ARR

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print