I'm Walkin'
by PamFord Davis

How well do you walk? Are you tripping, wandering aimlessly or falling out of step? We take it for granted that we can walk in any direction we choose. We forget we entered this world unable to stand and walk erect. A baby slowly developed muscle and balance. First they mastered the art of travel on their knees. Next they pulled themselves up and walked around furniture, clinging to the edge for support and security.


The Bible uses the word walk to describe our character, the way of life we choose. As believers we desire a righteous walk: walking with the Lord, walking in faith, and walking in love. I believe we have much to learn from infants. Growth is a process and we need to strengthen our spiritual muscles and balance. We can reach out for the support of others as we step out in faith. We may not see things clearly at eye level; but light will guide our way. "For we walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJ)." We are not walking alone. "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:25 NKJ)." Walking is one form of exercise we need to experience daily.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print