Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
by PamFord Davis

Have you experienced the lifting of a great burden? You walk away from something that firmly held you in bondage. You receive your new freedom; and do not look back over your shoulder. The air you breathe seems crisp and invigorating. There is a spring in your step and a song in your heart.


Try to imagine the thoughts and feelings in the children of God when they left Egypt, and centuries of slavery. It seemed too good to be true; but they were traveling and the distance between them and the enemy continued to widen. Maybe they were only dreaming and the truth of torment would return at the break of day. No, God heard their cries for help and sent Moses to lead them to the Promised Land. Goodbye to gathering straw and making bricks. Farewell to cruel task masters. Hello to hope and blessings. "Now the sojourn of the children of Israel who lived in Egypt was four hundred and thirty years. And it came to pass at the end of four hundred and thirty years-on that very same day-it came to pass that all the armies of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt (Exodus 12:40-41 NKJ)." Bricks of bondage could hold them no longer.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print