The Lion Sleeps Tonight
by PamFord Davis

Are you a sound sleeper? Do others need to tip-toe through the house to avoid awakening you? Mothers of newborn babies hope their children will rest well through the night and during naps. It will give them the opportunity to catch up on their own sleep, or chores at nap time.


We are blessed with the knowledge God never sleeps. He is in control of His creation day and night. His prayer room is always open; and He desires to grant our requests. We can rest easy even when burdened. He is awake and watching over us. Let Him rock you to sleep in His tender arms of protection.


The devil seeks to destroy us. We must stay vigilant. "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world (1 Peter 5:8-9 NKJ)." The devil is limited in his power; and we have God's word, the sword of the spirit as our weapon. He may take short breaks causing us to become over confident, presuming we can handle things on our own. Keep the shield of faith in place. If he sleeps tonight, he'll be ready to do battle in the morning.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print