I'll Never Smile Again
by PamFord Davis

Sorrow is debilitating. Vitality in life is drained; and those suffering merely go through the motions. They lose interest in activities which once held pleasure, and wonder why they are left to face another day. Emotionally, depression puts down deep roots; and joy leaves the premises.


Jacob believed the lies of his sons when reporting the loss of his beloved son Joseph. Why should they lie to him? He sadly viewed physical evidence pointing to a savage attack on the missing young man. "And he recognized it and said, It is my son's tunic. A wild beast has devoured him. Without doubt Joseph is torn to pieces. Then Jacob tore his clothes, put sackcloth on his waist, and mourned for his son many days. And all his sons and all his daughters arose to comfort him; but he refused to be comforted, and he said, For I shall go down into the grave to my son in mourning. Thus his father wept for him (Genesis 37:33-35 NKJ)." Jacob in despair rejected comfort and his opportunity to proceed with hope.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print