When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)
by PamFord Davis

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" Children are often quizzed on their desires for their future. They may change their minds several times before they reach adulthood. Some plan to follow in footsteps of a parent or a hero, such as fireman or policeman. Guidance is given by family and educators; but in the end each much personally choose their own career path.


Children in their frustrations frequently feel they are not treated fairly and are being discriminated against because of their age. They vow to get even one day "When I grow up" They set their sights on becoming of age and freeing themselves of parental controls. In their haste to reach maturity they lose sight of the many advantages of childhood.


Loving parents have high hopes for their children. They invest time, money and energy in a child's education and training, hoping to see their child become a responsible adult. "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men (Luke 2:52 NKJ)." Jesus temporarily worked as a carpenter as his earthly father Joseph. He knew His life purpose would be fulfilled upon a cross. He climbed that wooden ladder to success and finished His search and rescue mission. Today He continues His work as our Mediator. When I grow up I want to be just like Jesus.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print