Dancing Queen
by PamFord Davis

Fred Astaire is still known as one of the greatest dancers on the screen. His choreography moved much like a singer with a wide range up and down the scale. He could just as easily do a complicated dance routine with a partner across a ballroom floor, as a simple soft shoe. During his long career many co-stars shared the billing and America's admiration. Fred and Ginger were the king and queen at the box office. He twirled her around the floor; and we wrapped her around our hearts.


Miriam first came to our attention as a baby-sitter for her little brother Moses. She stood guard at a distance after her mother placed him in the river. His miniature boat held him safely atop the water. He caught the eye of Egyptian royalty and found a home in a palace. Miriam spoke up suggesting she find a Hebrew nurse to feed him. The idea gained approval and Moses grew with the nurturing of his real mother. (Exodus 2:1-9)


Many years later Moses answered God's call to deliver his children from Egyptian slavery. A family unit made the trip led by Moses, his Brother Aaron and Sister Miriam. At times they were a dysfunctional family with Aaron and Miriam rebelling against Moses authority to lead. (Numbers 12:1-3) Seeing God's hand of victory they could also have times to rejoice together. "Then Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took the timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and dances (Exodus 15:20 NKJ)." The desert became her ballroom when she gave praise to God.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print