Gimme Little Sign
by PamFord Davis

Is it easy to take God at His word; or do you require solid proof? In our unbelief we sometimes need to be convinced before we take leaps of faith. We want to be really sure we are following His voice and not our own flights of fancy. God is well aware of our need for encouragement, and gives us many demonstrations of His authority through miracles.


The power of God through His vessels Moses and Aaron performed many signs and wonders. Jesus on many occasions revealed His deity. He never drew attention to Himself, but displayed the power of God over nature, disease and death. The disciples were also given power by the Holy Spirit to perform miracles and advance the kingdom of God.


A person is easily type-cast by a role they once played. Gideon is known as the seeker of a sign from God. In faltering faith He put God to the test. "Then Gideon said to God, You said you would help me save Israel. I will put some wool on the threshing floor. Let there be dew only on the wool. But let all of the ground be dry. Then I will know what you said is true. I will know that you will use me to save Israel. And that is just what happened. Gideon got up early the next morning and squeezed the wool. He got a full bowl of water from the wool. Then Gideon said to God, Don't be angry with me. Let me ask just one more thing. Please let me make one more test. Let the wool be dry while the ground around it gets wet with dew. That night God did that very thing. Just the wool was dry, but the ground around it was wet with dew (Judges 6:36-40 NCV)." Gideon asked for proof; and he gives us proof of the patience of God. Gideon's descendants may have settled in the Show Me State of Missouri. Trust God. He will never ask us to do something unless he enables us.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print