You Don't Know What You've Got (Until You Lose It)
by PamFord Davis

I have a bad habit. I lose things. Do you? It is frustrating to search to no avail and not even find a clue. Organized people might not share this trait; but I am sure I am not alone in my absent minded loss of items. Sometimes we forget how valuable something is until it is misplaced. It is a good lesson, to be more careful about where we place items. My parents left the brutal New York State winters after retirement and settled in Texas. In the move she lost her most treasured cook book, containing my grandmother's recipes. She never turned the brittle pages again. After her death we discovered it boxed in their outside storage room. I passed it on to her sister as a priceless keepsake.


Things get lost; that is undeniable. God knows the need of locating what is lost. Luke 15 gives stories of searching diligently for things which were lost: sheep, coins, and lastly a son. In each example we have a happy ending. There is rejoicing when the lost is found. The father of a wandering boy could not contain himself. "My son was dead, but now he is alive again! He was lost, but now he is found! So they began to celebrate (Luke 15:24 NCV)." Car keys or reading glasses can be replaced. Join in the search for the spiritually lost.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print