What's Goin' On?
by PamFord Davis

Do you remember your days of slumber parties and sleepovers? Time with our friends brought fun and created fond memories. My best friend Carol lived right up the road. We spent so many nights together we were more like sisters, than chums. Girls do a lot of loud talking and giggling. Our moms probably got tired of us talking and laughing loudly. They corrected us repeatedly. It went something like this. "What's goin' on in there?" We would quiet down for a few minutes; but soon we forgot and the fun started all over.


Moses and Joshua spent time on the mountain with Jehovah God. Moses received God's hand written Commandments and began his decent back down to join his people. He heard noise from the camp below. "Then Joshua heard the noise of the people shouting. He said to Moses, It sounds like war down in the camp. Moses answered: It is not an army's shout of victory. It is not an army's cry of defeat. It is the sound of singing that I hear. When Moses came close to the camp, he saw the gold calf and the dancing. He became very angry. He threw down the stone tablets which he was carrying. He broke them at the bottom of the mountain (Exodus 32:17-19 NCV)." The children of God turned their back on Jehovah their deliverer from Egyptian bondage. In rebellion they celebrated the creation of a golden calf idol. How could they be so disobedient? Did they forget all of God's miracles and provisions? Swift judgment came to the idol worshipers. God knew what the racket meant. People substituted an idol for the living God. He always knows what is going on in our lives.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print