Put Your Head On My Shoulder
by PamFord Davis

There is great comfort in placing our head on the shoulder of someone we trust. In times of sadness or grief, tears often flow. We bury our head in the nape of their neck and unashamedly weep. We rely on their strength and compassion when we feel powerless to change our situation. Loving arms enfold us; and we find security and a renewal to endure our heartache.


At times we are left alone to pick up the pieces. Jesus draws us close and gently offers His shoulder, which carry many lost sheep back home to safety. If the lost rest there, we can be sure He'll make a place for the sheep that follow Him daily. "Then Jesus told them this story: Suppose one of you has 100 sheep, but he loses 1 of them. Then he will leave the 99 sheep alone and go out and look for the lost sheep. The man will keep on searching for the lost sheep until he finds it. And when he finds it, the man is very happy. He puts it on his shoulders and goes home. He calls to his friends and neighbors and says, Be happy with me because I found my lost sheep! In the same way, I tell you there is much joy in heaven when 1 sinner changes his heart. There is more joy for that 1 sinner then there is for 99 good people who don't need to change (Luke 15:3-7 NCV)." Put your head on His shoulder. He can bear the burden of all your cares.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print