Jolly Green Giant
by PamFord Davis

How do you measure height? Is a tape measure always handy? We often quickly compare the height of a tall individual with those they stand by, or the distance between their head and a door frame or ceiling. We may not get an exact figure; but we get a good estimate. Tall people hear the standard joke,"How's the weather up there?" They must get tired of always being type-cast as basketball players. People come in all sizes. Some appear as giants in our eyes. Inside we are all the same.


The scriptures include true stories about giants. We easily recall the story of David defeating a giant named Goliath. He is not the only one mentioned. "Only Og King of Bashan was left of the few Rephaites. His bed was made of iron. It was more than 13 feet long and 6 feet wide! It is still in the Ammonite city of Rabah (Deuteronomy 3:11 NCV)." Giants come in many areas of our lives. Sin is the most powerful giant. Don't try to calculate the size. Confess it and allow God to remove it.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print