I Want To Hold Your Hand
by PamFord Davis

Reach out; grasp the hand coming your way. Are you timid? Will you miss your only chance to receive compassion? There is dependable assistance and power in your presence. Will you continue to live in the same old rut? Listen to your heart. Take a chance. You have nothing to lose.

The New Testament gives vivid examples of the moving of the Holy Spirit, both in the time Jesus walked among the disciples, and following his ascension to the Father. Miracles of God's grace transformed the lives of the hurting, diseased and deceased. Joy reverberated in hearts, families, and communities. It seemed too good to be true; and yet they viewed visible proof.

"There, at the Temple gate called Beautiful Gate, was a man who had been crippled all his life. Every day he was carried to this gate to beg. He would ask for money from the people going into the Temple. The man saw Peter and John going into the Temple and asked them for money. Peter and John looked straight at him and said, Look at us! The man looked at them; he thought they were going to give him some money. But Peter said, I don't have any silver or gold, but I do have something else I can give you: By the power of Jesus Christ from Nazareth-stand up and walk! Then Peter took the man's right hand and lifted him up. Immediately the man's feet and ankles became strong. He jumped up, stood on his feet, and began to walk. He went into the Temple with them, walking and jumping, and praising God (Acts 3:2-8 NCV)." A beggar accepted the hand of Peter; and the healing power of Jesus flowed into lifeless limbs.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print