Belief
by PamFord Davis

Are you a person of firm convictions; or do you just bend in the breeze following winds of popular opinion? It has never been easy to stand up for what you believe in. It is difficult to even be sure what you believe. We are bombarded by many voices calling out for our commitment and following. Fact and feelings become our foundations of a life of faith. Do you believe?


The reading and study of the Gospel of John Chapter Nine lets us personally encounter a man blind by birth. By divine appointment he comes face-to-face with Jesus. Walk through a day of a sightless man and put yourself in his life changing step-by-step healing. John sets the stage with Jesus in the leading role, blind man as supporting character, and a full cast of others. We meet the man's parents, the disciples, neighbors, and religious leaders. The miracle of sight received mixed reactions. Some ridiculed. Some believed. Jesus asked the healed man about His decision. "Jesus heard that they had thrown him out. So Jesus found Him and said, Do you believe in the Son of Man? He asked, Who is the Son of Man, sir? Tell me, so I can believe in him! Jesus said to him, You have already seen him. The Son of Man is the one talking with you now. He said, Yes, Lord, I believe! Then the man bowed and worshiped Jesus (John 9:35-38 NCV)." The man received sight in blinded eyes. With eyes of faith he knew the Great Physician and boldly declared: I believe!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print