Cool Water
by PamFord Davis

You are parched and weary. Nothing can satisfy your thirst like a tall glass of cool water. A day of yard work or a brisk walk leads us inside in search of water. Signals of dehydration are not to be ignored. Tea, sodas, or juices may satisfy us temporarily; but our body needs water. Most of us take it for granted until the city water supply fails, the home water pump breaks down, or there is a shortage of bottled water following a natural disaster.


My husband proudly tells how he returned home from work to discover my daughter and I struck water when drilling our own well! Earlier he rented a hand held tool for do-it-yourself drilling. We just turned it around and around, going deeper and deeper. We hit wet sand and soon after our family experienced the luxury of running water.


The Sons of the Pioneers sang a country classic: Cool Water. Pioneers traveling west often faced the dangers of running out of water. Scouts searched for fresh supplies with the same determination as hunting for trails free of Indians. Travel would be halted if sufficient water for people and herds could not be found.


Isaac and his men were forced to pull up stakes and move repeatedly because their water wells were taken over by foreign influences. (Genesis 26:17-22) Isaac could have stood his ground and put up a fight. He chose peaceful means and pressed on. ""Isaac moved from there and dug another well. No one argued about this one. So he named that well Room Enough. Isaac said, Now the lord has made room for us. We will be successful in this land (Genesis 26:22 NCV)." Tempers were cooled and water would be shared among the people and livestock.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print