The Tree
by Robert Kiser

Years back I had rented some property out in the Applegate area in Southern Oregon to put up my teepee. I have to date lived in a teepee for seven winters. I have found it to be a cheaper way to live in the country than renting a house. Anyway I had set it up in a nice clearing in the trees across Thompson Creek and a little ways up a hill.

The first winter there it worked out pretty good. However the second winter there the creek which normally does not get very deep rose up pretty high. It was all I could do to keep from being washed down stream while wading across the creek to get to the teepee.

I went over and asked my landlord if I could fall a tree across the creek to use as a bridge. I was informed that I could not do that. Somebody there suggested that I go home and pray about it. So that is what I did. I went home and prayed for a tree to fall over.

The next day I waded across the creek changed into some dry clothes and drove to work. I continued to pray while I was at work. After work I decided to go to Bi-Mart and buy some rope. I thought perhaps maybe I could figure out a way to make a temporary rope bridge to get across the creek.

While I was at the store I had a very strong feeling that I did not need the rope and that perhaps I should just drive home and see if a tree fell over. I argued with myself thinking that was crazy. It would easily be an hour and a half drive round trip just to come back to buy the rope. So logic won out and I bought the rope and proceeded to drive home.

When I had arrived I was shocked to see that there was a large tree lying across the dirt drive where I normally parked. It looked like the butt of the tree was on the other side of the creek. I was in awe to say the least! Then I proceeded to reason with myself and thought perhaps my Landlord had changed her mind and had somebody else cut down a tree for me. I got out of my car and decided to investigate the matter. I was in awe again. A live tree about 3 feet through the center had come up by the roots and fell across the creek near where I normally crossed at.

I pondered the whole thing for a while then went back to my car. I tried to back up but the dirt drive was pretty muddy and the tires just spun. So I went forward a little bit more instead. Of course I could not go very far because the top of the tree was in the way. I then remembered that my chainsaw was at my friend's house back in town. I began to become frustrated. Now what am I going to do? I got out of my car and was looking at the top part of the tree. I had not noticed before that the tree actually had broken in several places starting at the edge of the drive and was now pieces that I could move by hand. Wow! The Lord is gracious and he thinks of everything.

My landlord also had gone to inspect the tree. Of course she knew nobody could just pull up a large tree like that by the roots. Interestingly the day it fell over there was no storm and the part that fell over the creek did not break. Later that following summer I cut up and split the top part of the tree and hauled it over to my landlord's house so she could burn it for firewood.

Ironically when my mom died I was sitting on this tree and yelling at God. I was very mad at him because I thought he should have made her live long enough to accept him. As I was yelling at him it came across in my mind so loud and clear it could not have been more clear, if I had actually heard and audible voice. What came across is: "Even if she did reject me is that a reason for you to reject me?" I was speechless and my tantrum was over!

This will always be a personal reminder to me that the Lord cares about the details in my life!

By R. Kiser ReasonableAnswers.org

Robert Kiser is the author of a few free pdf books and the . 
Roberts books explains and defends the Christian Faith. His book also includes a section on Cults including Mormonism and Jehovah Witnesses. https://archive.org/details/@robert_kiser

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print