Mormonism and the nature of God
by Robert Kiser

One of the 17 points of the true church according to Mormonism is that God the Father has a body of flesh and bones. This concept can be seen in the L.D.S scripture below.

D&C 130:22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.

The question here is this true? Does God the Father have a body of flesh and bones? Since they claim to be the only true church one would think that they should be correct about the nature of God.

Let's see what the Bible has to say.

John 4:23-24
23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.
24 "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
(NAS)

Luke 24:39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."

Jesus made both of the above statements. Speaking of the Father he said "God is spirit" Jesus also said "a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." So from Jesus we learn that the Father is spirit and that a spirit does not have a body of flesh and bones.

Interestingly enough the Book of Mormon also states that God is Spirit Alma 18:26-27 &
Alma 22:8-11. This is just one area of Mormon doctrine that the Bible does not agree with. To see much more on the subject of Mormonism go to my Mormonism Index page at:

ReasonableAnswers.org/I-Mormonism-Index

Robert Kiser is the author of a few free pdf books and the . 
Roberts books explains and defends the Christian Faith. His book also includes a section on Cults including Mormonism and Jehovah Witnesses. https://archive.org/details/@robert_kiser

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print