Strive to Enter into HIS Rest Home Group Bible Study Series 2
by Marijo Phelps

Hebrews 4:9-16 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

Our "task" as believers is:

1. Surrender to God
2. Faith placed in God

Cease from our own works and "Lean not to your own understanding"

Proverbs 3:4-6 4 And so find favor and high esteem In the sight of God and man. 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (NKJV)

Cease from trying to change ourselves, allow HIM to change us. The battle is the Lord's. We must surrender the reigns of our life. HE knows how it is to be done.

Do we trust Him? Will we obey Him? That is our "job" - trust and obey.

Isaiah 50:10" Who among you fears the LORD? Who obeys the voice of His Servant? Who walks in darkness And has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely upon his God." (NKJV)

PRAYER:Lord, let me be of a clean heart reveal to me my hidden uncleanness. Let my heart be right with You, obedient, trusting and obeying my Lord Jesus.

Written by Marijo Phelps January 2010 partially from notes taken May 1980 speaker Edie Patterson.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print