Determination: How is Your Level of Determination?
by Robert Baines

Determination, in this devotional, is a reference to being resolved and committed. It takes strong commitment to live the Christian life. A key idea in this series of devotionals, "Praise God Anyhow," based on II Samuel 6:12-16, 20-23, is that "We should be mindful of praise, despising, and determination."

In this devotional, let's focus on being resolved. Notice that David did not allow his wife to keep him from praising God. He was determined to praise God even more. When he thought about how good the Lord had been to him, he determined to praise God even more than he already had.

When he thought about how the Lord brought him from taking care of his father's sheep, from being a fugitive of King Saul, to being the King of Israel and to being the king in spite of his sins, David determined to praise God.

Don't let anyone steal your praise. Praise Him in and out of season (see II Tim. 4:2). When the worship service makes it easy to praise God, praise Him. And when everyone has an attitude and is off key (smile), praise Him anyhow.

Praise Him because He is worthy to be praised. Make time to praise God. Do not ever get so busy that you cannot praise the Lord. Even when your health is bad, there is discrimination on your job, your money is funny, and you just don't feel like praising Him, praise Him anyhow. He is still worthy of our praise.

When your spouse or fianc has forsaken you, when you have made yourself vulnerable to building relationships and your trust has been betrayed, praise God anyhow. Psalms 150:6 commands that everything that has breath ought to praise the Lord.

Self Examination

How are you doing with your resolve to praise God, in spite of the challenges and troubles in your life?

What are you going to do to improve in this area?

Prayer

God I praise You for being such a great and awesome God. You are the creator, sustainer, and hope of all creation.

Thank You for showering seen and unseen blessings into the lives of my loved ones and into my life. Thank You for being much better to us than we deserve.

I confess my many sins to You, including my failing to praise You when things get challenging in my life. Please forgive me and help me to grow in this area.

Bless my loved ones and me to be what You are calling us to be. Have Your way in our lives, because Your way is best for us. Thank You, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Dr. Robert E. Baines, Jr.  uses his doctorate of ministry degree and twenty years of pastoral experience to provide quality and helpful Christian living information to 1,000's of visitors a month. 

Make sure you secure your free copy of his ebooklet, "How to Encourage Yourself: 21 Practical Tips," and sign up for his newsletter that features great articles, helpful devotionals, and Bible based teaching notes at www.RobertBaines.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print