Are You Despised by Your Family Members?
by Robert Baines

Despised is a reference to people thinking low of you. In this devotional, the low thinking is related to your praising and being focused on God's will for your life.

A key idea in this series of devotionals, "Praise God Anyhow," based on II Samuel 6:12-16, 20-23, is that "We should be mindful of praise, despisement, and determination."

In this devotional, let's focus on being looked down upon. Notice that even though David danced and gave, his wife thought low of him. She thought he was acting too common and unsophisticated for a king. She did not like his dancing, especially before the women.

You can be looked down on by even those in your church. I have seen people try to shout, in some of our churches, and seen the "unmoved" look at them as if to say that "It does not take all of that." I hope you didn't say that (smile).

I have observed the silent and boring worship that we can have, and it has been made worst by how those who do try to add a little enthusiasm are despised by often the old and still.

If by chance you have gotten to the point where you cannot shout like you used to then do not stop those who can still shout. And if shouting is not your thing then do not hinder those who have it as their expression of praise.

Self Examination

Are you looked down upon by anyone in your church because of your praising and trying to obey God's will for your life?

What will you do to stay focused on God, in spite of these challenges?

Prayer

God I praise You for being such a great and awesome God. You are the creator, sustainer, and hope of all creation.

Thank You for showering seen and unseen blessings into the lives of my loved ones and into my life. Thank You for being much better to us than we deserve.

I confess my many sins to You, including my taking Your awesome presence for granted. Please forgive me and help me to grow in this area.

Bless my loved ones and me to be what You are calling us to be. Help us stay focused even when we are looked down upon. Have Your way in our lives, because Your way is best for us. Thank You, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Dr. Robert E. Baines, Jr.  uses his doctorate of ministry degree and twenty years of pastoral experience to provide quality and helpful Christian living information to 1,000's of visitors a month. 

Make sure you secure your free copy of his ebooklet, "How to Encourage Yourself: 21 Practical Tips," and sign up for his newsletter that features great articles, helpful devotionals, and Bible based teaching notes at www.RobertBaines.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print