Don't Condemn Those Who Praise God
by Robert Baines

To condemn, as used in this devotional, is to declare that someone is wrong. You need to be careful about declaring people wrong, before you know all of the facts.

A key idea in this series of devotionals, "Praise God Anyhow," based on II Samuel 6:12-16, 20-23,is that "We should be mindful of praise, despisement, and determination."

In this devotional, let's focus on despising. Notice that even though David danced and gave, his wife despised him. She thought he was acting too common.

Make sure you do not join the despising crowd. It is easy to declare people wrong who dance and are energetic in praise, when you do not understand why they are praising God.

Self Examination

How are you doing in fighting the temptation to declare others wrong?

What are you going to do to improve in this area?

How are you doing with matching your expression of praise with how great God has been to you?

What are you going to do to improve in this area?

Prayer

God I praise You for being such a great and awesome God. You are the creator, sustainer, and hope of all creation.

Thank You for showering seen and unseen blessings into the lives of my loved ones and into my life. Thank You for being much better to us than we deserve.

I confess my many sins to You, including my declaring others wrong and not praising you as I should. Please forgive me and help me to grow in this area.

Bless my loved ones and me to be what You are calling us to be. Help us stay focused even when we are despised. Have Your way in our lives, because Your way is best for us. Thank You, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Dr. Robert E. Baines, Jr.  uses his doctorate of ministry degree and twenty years of pastoral experience to provide quality and helpful Christian living information to 1,000's of visitors a month. 

Make sure you secure your free copy of his ebooklet, "How to Encourage Yourself: 21 Practical Tips," and sign up for his newsletter that features great articles, helpful devotionals, and Bible based teaching notes at www.RobertBaines.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print