The Make It Happen Moment ® Never Quit
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "Great joy comes with finishing the race God has called you to run!" - Joyce Meyer

Several years ago when my friend Scot and I began to seriously stretch our physical fitness levels, we decided to support the American Diabetes Association by participating for the first time in their annual double century ride in Mississippi - a 100 mile bike ride on Saturday, an overnight stay, and a 100 mile bike ride back on Sunday. So we started out Saturday morning on our hybrid mountain road bikes and completed the 100 mile journey after 8 hours of steady pedaling on the first day. After dinner, we turned in early for a good night sleep and rest for our aching bodies. Sooner than I would have liked, the morning alarm awoke us so that we could get ready for the long 100 "country" mile ride back.

Well after 75 miles of pedaling on day two with a grueling gulf coast headwind blowing against us much of the time, we stopped at an ADA water station where I informed Scot that I was done. He said, "What do you mean? We're not finished." I said, "I know we're not finished, but I'm done. The headwind is too strong, my butt has a rash, and I've decided to put my bike in that sag wagon and go back with it." Then Scot challenged me. "No you're not, you little ninny! We're gonna finish this thing!" Then the nice lady at the water station says, "Yeah baby, you only have 25 more miles to go and we've got some Boudreaux's Butt Paste." And I was thinking, "Right, easy for you to say. You haven't been pedaling a bike for two days and 175 miles..." So I responded, "No, I really think I'm done." Then Scot, speaking to my inner spirit firmly said, "I know you. You're not a quitter and we're going to finish what we started!" So with his belief in me as a close friend, I put on the butt paste, got back on my bike, and am now glad I finished the race.

Do you know that when we are down and struggling in life, Proverbs 18:24 says that "we have a friend that sticks closer than a brother"? His name is Jesus and He believes in each of us to be overcomers in our faith even more than the way that my close friend Scot believed in me on that day when I was having difficulty believing in myself and struggling to finish the ADA race. The Lord tells us in His Word that we're not quitters and firmly encourages us in Romans 8:37 by stating, "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him [Jesus] who loved us." Therefore, we can conquer any situation in life because the Lord loves us, believes in us, and will strengthen us whenever we need as we place our total trust in Him and depend upon His supernatural strength.

Furthermore, 1 John 4:4 states, "You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." This means that regardless of the adversities we face in life, spiritually or naturally, we should never forget that God's greater power is at work in us to overcome any challenge or situation we face. With the Holy Spirit living in us as believers in Jesus, we can be assured that His supernatural strength and wisdom is always available to help us complete the race that He has called us to run with Him. With a spirit of faith and commitment, receive the Lord's encouragement to never give up in life because when we place our trust in the Lord, the best will surely come!

The Make It Happen Celebration Value: "Make It Happen" People Celebrate Accomplishments Abundantly!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute - Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Never Quit Copyright 2009, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Never Quit, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print