The Second Time Around
by PamFord Davis

We often enjoy an event so much it is described as a once in a lifetime experience. Sharing the details with others, we acknowledge we feel privileged for being a part of anything so significant. It will be re-lived over and over in our memories. If we get an unexpected opportunity to repeat the activity we are ready and eager.


Exact Pentecost demonstrations will never come again. They were needed to birth the church. All of those gathered in the upper room experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit. They saw, heard, and felt super-natural power. Any and all power from God is super-natural. He is free to work outside all barriers of natural law. The Lord Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. His power does not fluctuate. He is still able to display His mighty strength as He wills. Early followers were involved in a reminder. "After they had prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and they spoke God's word without fear. The group of believers were joined in their hearts, and they had the same spirit (Acts 4:31-32a NCV)." The results of the filling were two fold: They spoke with boldness and they were united in hearts and spirit. Ask for repeated fillings. The Holy Spirit is waiting for your request.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print