Lord Jesus, What is in Your Heart Today? Gems from Jesus Devotional Series
by Marijo Phelps

Require Him as your first and vital necessity. Praise, worship, listen, pray and sing to Him.

"That I may know Him"

Philippians 3:7-11 (New King James Version)
7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

"Lord, how do I get to know You better?" Christ is the center, not me.

Blocks to knowing the Lord we put up a wall to knowing Him. We lay hurts (walls) down by thinking "Lord, I feel like You forsook me." He didn't but you feel like this so open up to Him and tear down that wall.

We are the ones who sometimes forsake Him.

Mark 14:50
Then they all forsook Him and fled. (NKJV)

Prayer: Father God help me to never take offence but to ask what you'd have me learn from trials and circumstance that I might be walking through. Help me to internalize the fact that you will never leave me or forsake me and to walk pure before You. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print