Christian Life in Two Parts
by Stanley Hasegawa

There are always two parts to the Christian life: submit/resist; abhor/cling, put off/put on.

"So submit to God. But resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

"Abhor what is evil, cling to what is good." (Romans 12:9)

"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians 4:22-24)

We cannot resist the devil apart from submitting to God. We cannot cling to what is good apart from abhorring what is evil. We cannot become like God in true righteousness and holiness apart from putting off the old self.

I am richly blessed in my marriage. I have two grown children. I am semi-retired. I have been a computer programmer, systems analyst, househusband and homeschool teacher. I love to walk, talk and eat, and write short articles about devoting our lives to Jesus.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print