I've Got A Right To Sing The Blues
by PamFord Davis

Are you singing the blues? If you are, you are singing off key. Don't expect others to sing along. It is easy to pick up a catchy tune of blues; and it is difficult to get it off your mind. Negative emotions and depression can lodge in our thinking, and spread roots in every direction. We are wise to rely on the Holy Spirit to renew our minds, replacing pessimism with praise.


Jonah temporarily resided in a great fish. His bigger problem nearly drowned him. Anger and despair controlled a messenger of God. "But Jonah was very unhappy that God did not destroy the city. He was angry. He complained to the Lord and said, I knew this would happen. (Jonah 4:1-2a NCV). He continued to share his plight. "I knew you would rather forgive than punish them. So now I ask you, Lord, please kill me. It is better for me to die than to live. Then the Lord said, Do you think it is right for you to be angry (Jonah 4:2b-4 NCV)?" Jonah seethed with hatred for his enemies and resented God for forgiving them.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print