You've Got Your Troubles
by PamFord Davis

We often get so wrapped up in our own troubles, that we are blind to the suffering that surrounds us. It is not that we don't care; we just can not see their pain. For some reason we feel our problems are always bigger than any one else. Our burdens are heavier, and the black cloud hanging over is us is darker. It takes all our energy to stay afloat and we struggle to reach a life preserver.


Joseph, the son of Jacob served time for a crime he did not commit. In prison he befriended two others wallowing in their misery. Pharaoh banished them from his sight. Each felt forsaken and hopeless. God gave them each prophetic dreams; and Joseph with God's insight and vision explained the meaning. One man would be released and returned to serve the Pharaoh as wine bearer. The baker would also be freed; but the freedom would be short lived. He would be executed. (Genesis 40:1-22)


Following the interpretation of the first mans dream Joseph made a logical request. "But when you get free, remember me. Be kind to me. Tell the king about me so that I can get out of this prison. I was taken by force from the land of the Hebrews. And I have done nothing here to deserve being put in prison (Verses 14-15 NCV)." Joseph put his hopes in the hands of the released prisoner. "But the officer who served wine did not remember Joseph. He forgot all about him (Verse 23 NCV). Two years later the king also dreamed and needed to know its meaning. The event jogged the wine bearer's memory. Joseph, I forgot all about Joseph. He explained his drama to the king, who summoned Joseph. (Genesis 41:1-16) We all face trouble. We need to be sensitive to the trouble binding others.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print