L-O-V-E
by PamFord Davis

Children quickly pick up four-letter-words when they leave the nest and begin school. They repeat them, totally unaware of what they mean, and how repulsive they are. Mothers blush and try to patiently explain: "We do not use those words." If the child doesn't get the message the reprimand gets firmer. After repeated outbursts discipline begins. "Four-letter-words are not spoken in our home."


Every child needs to hear and receive one four-letter-word: L-O-V-E. It can not be spoken or demonstrated and expressed too often. Children flourish and develop into mature adults when they are rooted and grounded in love. They trust others more easily and develop self confidence. Love is the most needed foundation of any life. (John 13:34-35)


We always say a blessing before our meals. Our daughter sat in her high chair and shared those times of eating as a family. She picked up another four-letter-word: A-M-E-N. In pride of her latest accomplishment I shared the story and heard of the latest words another child mastered: "Shut up!" Our children follow our example. What are they learning?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print