How Do I Love God With All My Soul?
by Stanley Hasegawa

My soul is my eternal, spiritual, uniquely identifiable, created-to-bear-God's-presence-and-glory self. My soul is the invisible who/i am that only God sees. I love God with all my soul when I choose to manifest my invisible identity only through the good, the truth, the love who is God. "So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away look, what is new has come!" (1 Cor. 5:17)

I think I am confusing soul and spirit somewhat. They are different.

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing even to the point of dividing soul from spirit, and joints from marrow; it is able to judge the desires and thoughts of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

My soul is my human personhood -- my creatureliness, my human identity, my human life. My soul is the who/i am that God created in and through Adam. "'The first man, Adam, became a living soul,' the last Adam became a life-giving spirit." (1 Cor. 15:45)

I want to love God with all my human being -- all my creatureliness; all my human identity; all my human life; in all my finiteness, that is in all my human ways. Loving God with all my soul keeps me from trying to be Superman (my childhood hero). In my life, mine is the human part, God's is the supernatural part.

I am richly blessed in my marriage. I have two grown children. I am semi-retired. I have been a computer programmer, systems analyst, househusband and homeschool teacher. I love to walk, talk and eat, and write short articles about devoting our lives to Jesus.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print