Some Thoughts On Prayer Based Upon Matthew Six
by Marijo Phelps

Matthew 6:5-8
The Model Prayer
"And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. 7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 "Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.

1.Do not pray to appear spiritual or to be noticed

2.Pray in private not only in groups or with someone else.

3.Do not use vain repetition but do "knock and keep on knocking"

Luke 11:9
[Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking ] "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.(NKJV)

4. Be brief do not use "many words"

*Prayer is a partnership with the Almighty.

*Prayer changes us.

*Prayer is "on the job training" for the saint. Someday we will rule and reign with Him. Is it possible that prayer is getting us ready for that task? Helping us to listen, know God's incredible faithfulness and how to better hear His voice?

*Prayer involves listening. Don't even go to prayer without having a notebook and pen handy you'd be amazed at what He might whisper to your heart.

There is something regarding God's all knowing nature that considers man's intercession important.

Some points to remember about prayer:

1.Keep it simple

2.Check your motives and ask God to check your heart

3.Communicate with your creator

4.Do not be afraid to pray with others but also pray "in secret"

5.Do you have any idea how God wants to hear from you?

6.God values your prayers.

Revelation 8:3

Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.(NKJV)

Revelation 5:8

[ Worthy Is the Lamb ] Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. (NKJV)

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print