I'm Confessin'
by PamFord Davis

Confession is not only good for a captured criminal, but for the soul as well. It brings cleansing and reconciliation. Inwardly we receive peace; and outwardly relationships are restored. Many types of confession are needed.


The most needed confession is often the least recognized by the masses. It begins with the realization that we have sinned against God. "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23 NKJ)." We agree and confess our sins. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9 NKJ)." We are forgiven and adopted into God's family. The next step is to confess that openly. "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before my Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven (Matthew 10:32-33 NKJ)." Take steps of faith through confession and begin a daily walk with the Lord.


We are also instructed to confess our sins to others when necessary. "Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much (James 5:16 NKJ)." Regular confession comes in many forms. We should never become too proud or stubborn to confess. I'm confessin'

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print