Where Do You See Yourself Today, Walking or Needing Some Help
by Marijo Phelps

Touching the hem of His garment

Some days we vary in strength and our walk. Like walking or hiking for exercise, some days we can go 6 miles and be ready for more. There are then those days when the wind blows, its icy fingers tearing past zippered coats straight into your core. It fogs up your glasses and without them your eyeballs feel the freeze coming on. Yes, the skies are blue and there might be those picturesque white clouds of fluff in the sunshine but that doesn't negate the wind blasting through snow covered rangy peaks of the Rockies.

Those are the days when you could use someone to carry you and place you at the feet of your Lord "to be healed" the days when you think "if I can just touch the hem of His garment."

Maybe the enemy had been badgering you with family circumstances or health issues. Maybe you have been battling in prayer. Maybe you have been battling with unforgiveness or carrying loads in your backpack that you could give to Jesus, but haven't. The only strength you have is to reach out your hand.

Mark 6:56
Wherever He entered, into villages, cities, or the country, they laid the sick in the marketplaces, and begged Him that they might just touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched Him were made well.(NKJV)

There is still hope in reaching out there is ALWAYS hope in Jesus.

In the "footsteps" place

There are days when we need Him to literally carry us because we cannot walk on our own. We all know the illustration of the one set of footsteps on the beach Jesus footsteps when he carried you or me because we just didn't have it in us to even walk with Him hanging on.

Isaiah 40:11
He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young.(NKJV)

Other occasions we can go with Him there, a hand on our arm or elbow guiding us.

Psalm 17:5
Uphold my steps in Your paths, That my footsteps may not slip.(NKJV)

And there are those glorious times when we are SO close to Him that we can see the footprints in the grass and follow closely after our Jesus.

Psalm 85:13
Righteousness will go before Him, And shall make His footsteps our pathway.Running in the path of Jesus' command (NKJV)

Once in awhile you wake up and hit the ground running, not because you are late or have THAT much to do but because you are SO full of His joy that to walk would not do justice to your spirit that particular day.

Psalm 119:32
I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. (NIV)

Psalm 119:32-36 (Amplified Bible)
32I will [not merely walk, but] run the way of Your commandments, when You give me a heart that is willing.

Running after Jesus

Those days go hand in hand with the ones when we run after Him, seek Him with a big grin on our face and are focused on nothing but our Lord and spending time with Him.

Song of Solomon 1:4
Draw me away! [ The Daughters of Jerusalem ] We will run after you . [ The Shulamite ] The king has brought me into his chambers. [ The Daughters of Jerusalem ] We will be glad and rejoice in you .We will remember your love more than wine. [ The Shulamite ] Rightly do they love you. (New King James Version)

Mark 9:15
Immediately, when they saw Him, all the people were greatly amazed, and running to Him, greeted Him. (New King James Version)

Coming boldly before throne

There are other days when we might find ourselves in a number of "postures" or even being lifted or carried by Jesus or another and we remember WHO we are in Him because of that terrible price He paid for you and for me on the tree of Calvary. It is those days when we can come BOLDLY, even if we are being carried.

Hebrews 4:15-16
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (New King James Version)

At the foot of the cross

Where do you find yourself today? OR are you at the foot of the cross weeping, repenting and calling out for forgiveness from Jesus? If you are, there is absolutely no better place to be. I KNOW He will meet you there, right where you are, because your heart is turned towards Him.

Some of you ask why I use the translation I do (in this piece I have used several different ones) I am keying in on a particular word when I search for these verses. That word might not be found in one version but is in another. My own preference is New King James OR Amplified (wordy writer that I am) but sometimes another translation has the word I need when I am writing. Please feel free to look these verses up in your favorite translation.

There are also those times when we sense we are walking with Him, side by side in communion or, perhaps even running or dancing with our Lord. I didn't have time to go into those "days" in this article. Perhaps I will soon.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print