Soul Provider
by PamFord Davis

We have little respect for a man who fails to provide for his own family. One might refuse to hold an honest job. Another might bring in a good income, but throw it all away on alcohol, drugs, or gambling. The bottom line is they did not keep a roof over the family, or provide the basic necessities. They might be successful in other areas; but as a provider they were total failures.


God never tempts His children; but He often tests us to draw us to total dependence on Him alone. Abraham stepped out in faith when asked to do the total illogical. He knew God abhorred child sacrifice; and yet He instructed him to sacrifice his son, Isaac. He also clung to God's promise of a great blessing and a nation from Isaac's descendants. He climbed a mountain with his son Isaac and relied on God to provide a substitute sacrifice.


"Isaac said, Father, we have the coals and the wood, but where is the lamb for the sacrifice? My son, Abraham answered, God will provide the lamb (Genesis 22:7-8 CEV)." He soon heard the angel of the Lord's command to not harm the boy. "Abraham looked up and saw a ram caught by its horns in the bushes. So he took the ram and sacrificed it in place of his son (Genesis 22:13 CEV)." He learned a valuable lesson that we all must share. God alone is our soul provider.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print