Stars Fell On Alabama
by PamFord Davis

Falling stars are an impressive sight. Meteors descend through space at an accelerated speed, burn out in the atmosphere and scatter debris below. Some are large enough to cause damage. Many years ago one fell in the city of Sylacauga, Alabama. It landed upon a woman's house; and she became an instant celebrity. It is currently on display in a museum. The heavens hold many mysteries; and when we get a glimpse of what it holds we are star-struck.


The New Testament reveals how easily man is led away to the worship of false gods. A falling star not only captured their attention, but also their worship. "Then the city clerk made the crowd be quiet. He said, Men of Ephesus, everyone knows that Ephesus is the city that keeps the temple of the great goddess Artemis. All people know that we also keep her holy stone that fell from heaven (Acts 19:35 NCV)." Stars fell on Ephesus and one became the center of attraction in idol worship. Our help does come from above. Our creator holds all in the palm of His hand. Falling stars are lifeless hunks of rock.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print